The Marketing Section in the School of Management Studies is currently supervising PhDs in a variety of contemporary areas of marketing research such as neuro marketing, digital marketing, brand management and consumer behaviour. PhD applications for 2019 are closed and the next consideration of applications will be in April 2020. Acceptance as a PhD candidate is subject to the availability of a suitable supervisor and the attainment of a minimum of 65% in a Master's qualification.
The Marketing Section in the School of Management Studies offers a PhD (by Thesis Only) in either Business Science or Commerce. A doctoral degree is the highest academic qualification offered by the University of Cape Town and admission to the programme is subject to meeting the following requirements:
A prospective doctoral student must:
- Hold a Master of Business Science Degree in Marketing or related field
- Master of Commerce obtained from this or any other approved tertiary institution with an average pass mark of 65%.
- Relevant working experience will be an added advantage (Current CV should be attached)
- The doctoral degree indicates that the successful student is able to collect, arrange and use existing knowledge and also contribute to that knowledge.
- Applicant must demonstrate the necessary competences in research methodology and practice required for the completion of an independent study research degree
Duration: Typically between 3-4 years