The Post Graduate Diploma in Accounting (PGDA) is a one year programme that prepares students for the Initial Test of Competence (ITC) set by the South African Institute of Chartered Accountants (SAICA). The programme is only offered on a full-time study basis.
UCT courses offered as preparation for the PGDA
- UCT offers the following programme as preparation for the PGDA:
- B Com (Specialisation in Financial Accounting (CA Option)), or
- Bachelor of Business Science Finance (with Accounting), or
- PGDM (Financial Accounting), or
- PGDM (Accounting Conversion Course)
- Graduation in any one of the above options is an entrance requirement to the PGDA
The entrance criteria for the Post Graduate Diploma in Accounting (PGDA) offered by UCT for each of the three categories of students interested in completing the UCT PGDA is:
Applicants wishing to transfer to UCT to complete the PGDA.