Honours Programme in Financial Management
Programme conveners: Professor C Correia and Associate Professor G Holman
- General bachelors degree
- At least two years previous relevant work experience at senior level.
- Evidence of language proficiency in written English (See university requirements)
- Admission is very competitive and the above do not guarantee a position
The program is a part-time coursework and technical report program. Students are required to register for ACC5002W which is a full year part-time course at NQF level 9 (as opposed to the normal level 8 for an Honours Programme.
See ACC5002W for a description of the course and (CM015) Masters in Financial Management for a description of that programme.
Duration of the programme:
This is a minimum of one year programme but students do not usually graduate until June of the following year.
|ACC5002W Advanced Financial Management
|ACC4009Z Honours Technical Report
To qualify for the award of a degree, students are required to successfully
complete and obtain at least 50% in both ACC5002W and ACC4009Z.
Courses may not be repeated.
No supplementary exams are permitted
May be awarded in “the first class” if student has an overall 75%
with a subminimum of 70% in the coursework and in the technical report components
Further programme specific administrative requirements:
- Completion of a departmental application form upon application.
- A successful interview by Financial Management representatives in the Department of Accounting.
- Selection of a supervisor after ACC5002W and a signed memorandum of understanding between student and faculty member.