Areas of Research Interest
- Language Policy and Language Planning
- Second Language Acquisition
- Business Communication and Language skills
- Intercultural Communication.
- Nodoba G. 2002. Many Languages Different Cultures: Effects of Linguicism in a Changing Society (In) Duncan et al. Discourses on Difference Discourses on Oppression. Centre for Advanced Studies of African Societies (CASAS) pp. 331 – 357.
- Duncan, N & Nodoba, G. Perceptions of Academic Freedom:A Preliminary Study. Research Report prepared for the School of Human Sciences,University of Venda. (2000).
- Nodoba G. 2010. Language Preferences and Behaviours of Selected Students and Staff in the Faculty of Humanities at the University of Cape Town‚ in the Context of the university’s Implementation of its 2003 Language Policy and Plan: A Qualitative Study. PRAESA Occasional Papers No. 35‚Cape Town.
For PDF Download of Publication visit: http://praesa.org.za
- Grant‚ T. and Nodoba‚ G. 2013. Sustainable business practices for sustainable futures: partnering in higher education.International Journal for Innovation Education and Research. 1 (4) 10 –22.
- Dress Codes in Post-apartheid South African Workplaces.Article co-authored with Terri Grant‚ Head of PCU. Business Communication Quarterly. September 2009 issue 73 (3) 360-365.
- Information Systems as a Social Space: Collaborative teaching of social literacies to technical students. Article co-authored with Claudia Kalil and Jo Monson of PCU Business Communication Quarterly. June 2010 issue (Vol. 73 No 2).
- Duncan‚ N & Nodoba‚ G. Perceptions of Academic Freedom:A Preliminary Study. Research Report prepared for the School of Human Sciences‚University of Venda. (2000).
- Grant‚ T. and Nodoba, G. 2012. Sustainable Business practices for Sustainable Futures: Professional Communication Pedagogy in HE.Abstract and full Paper presented at the HELTASA 2012 conference: Higher Education that matters to Society that matters to Higher Education. Stellenbosch University‚ Stellenbosch‚ RSA. 28 – 30 November 2012.
- Nodoba, G. The Effects of Linguicism in Business.Proceedings of a Seminar hosted by the Department of Sport, Arts and Culture Limpopo Province, Oasis Motel in Polokwane, 21 – 22 August 2003.
- Nodoba, G. UCT staff and students’ attitudes to the UCT Multilingualism Language Policy. Proceedings of the SAALA International Conference, University of the North, Polokwane, 13 – 15 July 2004.
- Nodoba, G. UCT academic and administrative staff, and students' attitudes and responses to the UCT Multilingualism Language Policy.Abstract, full paper and presentation: Proceedings of the Education Students’ Fourth Regional Research Conference, Mwepu, D.N., Rochford, K. & Baxen, J.(eds.), School of Education, University of Cape Town, pp.176 – 186. Universityof Cape Town, 15 – 16 October 2004.
- Nodoba‚ G.‚ Hendry‚ S.‚ Kalil‚ C.A.‚ Monson‚ J. and Grant‚T.-.L. 2011. Building Principles of Sustainable Business into Entrepreneurial Ventures: A Pedagogical Approach from the University of Cape Town. Edited by Nick Beute. Proceedings of 4th International Conference of Engineering and Business Education and 1st SAFRI Journey to Excellence Conference‚ 20-23 November 2011‚ Cape Town‚1‚ 209 – 217. Cape Town: Cape Peninsula University ofTechnology‚ Cape Town‚ South Africa. 978-0-620-52121-5.
Recent Conference Papers Presented
- "Politics of location and language preference: Complex choices facing L1 African language students in an English medium university in South Africa"e;. Paper presented at the 42nd Annual Conference on African Linguistics (ACAL2011)‚ held at the University of Maryland in College Park‚ USA from 10 - 12 June 2011.
- "Building principles of sustainable business into entrepreneurial ventures: A comparative study by the University of CapeTown"e; Paper presented at the 4th International Conference of Engineering and Business Education held at the Cape Peninsula University of Technology inCape Town‚ South Africa from 20 – 22 November 2011.
- "The role university language policies play in thetransformation of South African higher education". Paper presented at the Conference on Higher Education in South Africa held at the University of Fort Hare‚ East London Campus‚ South Africa from 23 - 24 November 2011.
Reviewer DoE Accredited Journals
- Nominee of Dean of Commerce on UCT Language Policy Committee for the period 01 July 2012 to 30 June 2016
Reviewer DoE Accredited Journals
- Journal of Educational Studies, a University of Venda publication (2004 to date).
- Southern African Journal for Folklore Studies, published by the University of Limpopo’s Turfloop Branch (2005 to date).
- Southern African Linguistics and Applied Languages Studies Journal (2010 to date).
- Let those who Peddle High Heels Wear them‚ speech delivered at Taverners Toastmasters’ End of Year Party‚ Pinelands‚ Cape Town‚ 03 December 2008‚ Western Cape Province‚ RSA.
- The Importance of Inner Resources and Value-Added Leadership in a "e;Transforming"e; Society‚ speech delivered at the occasion of the high table held on 18 August 2011 at Rochester House Residence‚ UCT‚Observatory‚ Cape Town‚ Western Cape Province‚ RSA
- June 16th 1976: An Expression of Black Resilience and Redefinition of Blackness‚ paper read at Uzuko Lwakhe Youth June 16 Commemoration Event held at Uzuko Lwakhe Church in Makhaya‚ Khayelitsha‚ CapeTown 30 June 2012‚ Western Cape Province‚ RSA.
- UCT Student Orientation Leaders’ Training Workshop on Learning Communication Skills held on Saturday‚ 30 July 2011. Workshop series organised by the Student Orientation and Advocacy Centre.
- UCT Student Orientation Leaders Training Workshop on Practising Communication held on Saturday‚ 30 July 2011. Workshop series organised by the Student Orientation and Advocacy Centre.
- UCT Student Orientation Leaders’ Training Workshop on Learning Communication Skills held on Saturday‚ 28 July 2012. Workshop series organised by the Student Orientation and Advocacy Centre.
- Future Health Leaders Programme Workshop on Qualities of Future Health Leaders: The Balancing Act. Held on Saturday‚ 13 August 2011.Workshop series organized by the FHLP in the Faculty of Health Sciences‚ UCT.
- Future Health Leaders Programme Workshop on Qualities ofFuture Health Leaders: The Balancing Act. Held on Saturday‚ 11 August 2012.Workshop series organized by the FHLP in the Faculty of Health Sciences‚ UCT.
Other Social Activities
- Social and political commentator on current affairs.