Search our site :

27 NQF credits at level 8

Course convener: Dr T Grant

Course entry requirements: BUS2016H Actuarial Science I: Financial Mathematics, BUS3018F Actuarial Science II: Models and STA3041F Markov Processes & Time Series.

BUS3024S Actuarial Science II: Contingencies, STA3043S Decision Theory & GLM, STA3045F Advanced Stochastic Processes, BUS4028F Actuarial Science III: Financial Economics.

Course outline:

Theory: Formats, style, vocabulary, organisation patterns and readability for oral and written messages, Individual and group presentation techniques.

Application: Letter writing (with a focus on communicating Actuarial Science topics to various non-specialist audiences), report writing, proposal writing, email, integration of graphic and visual materials, and group oral presentations.

DP requirements: Completion, on time, of all assignments and oral presentations; attendance at all lectures cum workshops.

Assessment:

PCU component: classwork counts for 40%; examinations (group oral presentation to a panel of examiners; a 3-hour written examination [Paper 1]), together make up the remaining 60%.

Students must achieve 40% for each examination with an average of 50%.

In addition there is a 3-hour written examination (Paper 2) for the purpose of professional exemption (A302).

The final BUS4034S mark will be weighted as follows: PCU component: 70%; (A302) (Paper 2): 30%.

No supplementary examinations are awarded for this course.

*Also offered as a course towards a Post-graduate Diploma in Management (Actuarial Conversion Course).

Last updated : 01 Jul 2014





There are no downloads available.