18 NQF credits at level 6
This course is open to senior undergraduate and postgraduate
Commerce students. It is also open to all other senior undergraduates from
various faculties with permission of Senate and international exchange
students. This course does not substitute for BUS2033F/S in the Business
Science programmes but may be used with permission if a clash is unavoidable.
Course convener: Dr T Grant
• Formats, style, vocabulary, organisation patterns and
readability for oral and written messages
• Individual and group presentation techniques
• Business writing, integration of graphics and visual aids
and oral presentations within an embedded scenario.
A communication handbook, a course outline and book of
exercises will be given to each student.
• Every assignment must be handed in on time and oral
presentations must be delivered at the specific times by arrangement.
• Students must attend all workshops.
• The course year mark is calculated on an average of
assignment and test marks. The minimum is 40% for both the oral and written
• A 2 hour examination. Average for the course (year mark
and exam) must be at least 50%.
Last updated : 01 Jul 2014