The Marketing Section in the School of Management Studies offers a PhD (by Thesis Only) in either Business Science or Commerce. A doctoral degree is the highest academic qualification offered by the University of Cape Town and admission to the programme is subject to meeting the following requirements:
A prospective doctoral student must:
- Hold a Master of Business Science Degree in Marketing or related field
- Master of Commerce obtained from this or any other approved tertiary institution with an average pass mark f
- Relevant working experience will be an added advantage (Current CV should be attached)
- The doctoral degree indicates that the successful student is able to collect, arrange and use existing knowledge and also contribute to that knowledge.
- Applicant must demonstrate the necessary competences in research methodology and practice required for the completion of an independent study research degree
Duration: Typically between 3-4 years