year, second semester, two two-hour lectures per week.
Convener : Associate
Professor I L MacDonald
Actuarial Science II: Models
- Simple assurance and annuity contracts; Also more complex contracts (increasing benefits) Derive formulae for means and variances of benefit payments;
- Define standard actuarial symbols and the relationships between them, including standard life table functions (ultimate and select) Calculate net premiums and net premium provisions (prospective and retrospective)
- Derive Thiele's differential equation
- Calculate death strain at risk, actual and expected death strains, mortality profit
- Calculate gross premiums
- Functions involving two lives; cashflow models; discounted emerging costs; Heterogeneity within a population.
- Completion and timeous submission of
- Writing of all class
- An overall average of 40% for
- Tutorials and tests 40%
- Examination (3hrs) 60%
Last updated : 11 Aug 2014