- University of Witswatersrand, Department of Information Systems (from 2005)
Peer reviewing for Conferences
- Global Information Management Association Conference (From 2005).International Conference in Central Europe on Computer Graphics, Visualization and Computer Vision, (2003 and 2004).
- International Conference on Computer Graphics, Virtual Reality, Visualisation and Interaction in Africa (AFRIGRAPH) (2004 conference).
- International Science and Technology Conference (ISTC ) (From 2004) http://www.vut.ac.za/APPSCIE_2004Con.htm
- Southern African Conference on Human Computer Interaction (CHI-SA) (from 2003
- South Africa Institute for Computer Scientists and Information Technologists (SAICSIT) Conference (from 2003).
- Southern Africa Computer Science Lecturers Association (SACLA) (2003).
- Winter International Symposium on Information and Communication Technologies (ISIC 2005) http://www.cs.tcd.ie/publications/tech-reports/wisict05/cfp.html
Peer reviewing for Journals
- Electronic Journal of Information Systems in Developing Countries (EJISDC) (Since 2005).
- Journal of Information System Education (JISE) (From 2004).
- Journal of Community Informatics (from 2004).
1999 - 2003 Doktoringenieur (Dr.-Ing) Computer Science,
- Otto-von-Guerecke Universitaet Magdeburg, Germany
- Title of thesis: Legible Interactive Images: Methods and Tools
- Supervisor: Prof Dr. Thomas Strothotte
- Research Group: Graphics and Interactive Systems
- Department: Department of Simulation and Graphics
1995 - 1997 M.Sc Computer Science,
- University of Waikato, New Zealand
- Title of thesis: Developing a Task-Based Building-Block Visualisation Tool
- Supervisors: Dr. Matthew Humphrey and Prof. Mark Apperly
- Department of Computer Science
1987 - 1991 Bachelor of Social Science,
- Chancellor College, University of Malawi
- Major Subjects: Computer Science and Economics
After obtaining my first degree from Chancellor College, I joined the National Bank of Malawi as Management Trainee. My career in the bank was short lived; at that time all I wanted was to do an IT job. Five months later, I joined Business Computer Services (in Blantyre) as a System Development Analyst where I worked for 2 years. This was a wonderful place to work
December 1993 I joined Air Malawi Limited as a Programmer/Analyst. Six months later I was working for Chancellor College as an Associate Lecturer in Computer Science. Why did I leave Air Malawi? I wanted a job which promised me further studies. In 1995 I went to New Zealand for a Master of Science in Computer Science. I was back at Chancellor College in 1997 and worked as a Lecturer in Computer Science. Left again a year later for Germany for doctoral studies. From Germany, I landed in Cape Town where I am a Lecturer in the Information Systems Department.
While pursuing my Masters and PhD in New Zealand and Germany respectively I worked as a Tutor/research assistant.