What is it?
- Completing the first year of your training contract in academia.
- You will still write the Initial Test of Competence and Assessment of Professional Competence at normal times.
- The contract does specify that you must pass the January ITC for the year to qualify as one year of your training contract.
Who should do it?
- Display academic excellence.
- Have an interest in intellectual enquiry and wish to study further.
- Enjoy tutoring; teaching and interacting with people.
NB: students who are awarded a supplementary examination in the PGDA exams are not eligible for the programme
Why do it?
- An opportunity to develop key professional skills in communication and presentation over and above those developed in the training programmes.
- The ability to communicate to both large and small audiences of varying ability is a core skill required to succeed in management and the audit profession.
- Teaching a subject consolidates what you know about it.
- The year gives you the opportunity to develop intellectually within a discipline.
- It opens doors to academia as a career or as a stepping stone.
- Academic trainees are well received by the accounting profession.
- NOT another year of study, rather it opens up an opportunity for research and teaching.
- A great opportunity to develop personally and academically and to see the other side of the university.